Saturday, December 13, 2008

Font Test

Trying to see if I can use a font that is not a default setting in the Quick BlogCast software.

Calibri

Cooper Black

Impact

Magneto

It looks like you can use fonts that are not part of the software tool. I chose these random from a list of fonts in Microsoft word.

However, there are two things that have to happen in order to use them.

1. The fonts have to not only be on your machine, but anyone reading the post must have the font installed on their machine, too. If you write something in a font called NewFunFont1234, and that font is not installed on my machine, for example, my internet browser will replace it with the default, Times New Roman because it won't recognize the name as an installed font.

2. When using an unsupported font, the text must be written first in the "Write" tab of the New Entry page, and then you will click on the"HTML" tab. In there, you will have to add code to the beginning and end of each section of text you want to decorate. The image shows how two paragraphs would be decorated to show up in two different fonts and colors.




I think you would really enjoy learning HTML (Hyper-Text MarkUp Language) It is ALL about doing stuff to text. Not just fonts, but paragraphs, tables, and so much more.

Let me know what you think.

T

(Originaly posted by Admin. Imported from old blog by Admin on 7/17/2009)

3 comments:

  1. Kim wrote:
    Thanks! I think I understand what you are saying, & I will try it later, but just to make sure...

    Even if I go through the HTML tab and add code to apply a font type, if the reader does not have that particular font, their computer will apply a default font to the text?

    Is that correct?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd Wessendorf wrote:
    Yea, that's right. I might have an alternative . . . testing something this afternoon . . . more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim wrote:
    Please DON'T spend a lot of time...fonts just a hobby of mine.

    k

    ReplyDelete